Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lone Oak Winery

Saturday David and I visited the Lone Oak Winery in Burleson, TX. I've been eager to try some Texas wine and Saturday was so beautiful... so we just had to get outdoors. It was the perfect day to visit - they were hosting a little Fall Festival, with free tastings and pumpkin pie. Plus a live band and a scavenger hunt. You had clues that led you to different rows in the vineyard - then you wrote down the corresponding grape on that row. They drew a winner at the end of the event for a free bottle of wine. Sad to say we didn't win.

I think my favorite part was meeting the vineyard owner - he was so helpful and even let us taste wines as they were stabilizing in the vats. We tried a Viognier and a Chardonnay. The Chardonnay was my favorite! Which is really exciting because I have yet to discover a Chardonnay I really like - the sad part, is the wine isn't done yet. He said it will be ready around Christmas time. And boy I can't wait!


Check the vineyard out here - http://www.loneoakwinery.com/

Oh and thanks to my super cool college roommate, Monica, for introducing us to the vineyard and for giving us a free tour and tasting on my birthday (last year...) 

1 comment:

Mon said...

I'm so excited that you guys finally got to go. Looks like a really cool place.