Monday, October 25, 2010

The 24th year has begun.

Birthday week was a success... In college my roommate Monica and I started the fabulous tradition of birthday week. There are no set rules to birthday week, except that said person's birth should be celebrated for an entire week. So naturally this tradition has carried over into married life.

Mr. Holland is particularly good at surprising me and making me feel loved, so birthday week is nothing out of the ordinary for him... but he does go to extra lengths to celebrate the next year of life together. For bday week this year, he surprised me by taking me to lunch on Monday, to a Dallas hotspot, Rusty's Tacos. Oh it was so delicious, and it was just a nice break from a hectic Monday.

Tuesday we celebrated with friends, the Barretts, by hanging out in the downtown Fort Worth pub, The Fox and the Hound, to celebrate another victorious win for the Rangers, who by the way, I am a big fan of now. I have always been a fan who roots for the underdog, so yes, I jumped on the band wagon...

Wednesday was pretty typical work, Junior Girl's small group, a leader dinner, sleep. Thursday was eventful - I over slept, was late to work (a big deal at The Richards Group), played catch up all day, and then began my drive home, only to stop for a flat tire. I was pretty down in the dumps, until Dave showed up to take care of me and then treat me to a sweet Italian meal in Dallas. Plus, we got to split some tiramisu with an old friend in town for work, from Orlando.

Friday, of course, was the big Ranger's win! A great way to end a long work week... And Saturday was the big day... more to come in the next post.

No comments: